Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a Storm!

So, I was sitting out on the balcony reading my book, the other night, and saw this cloud rolling through. I thought that it looked a little weird and eerie. So, I kept watching it. Soon enough there was some lightening. The kids and I sat out watching it for a little while.


Caitlin spotted this "angel" and had to include it.

Then, out of nowhere, we started getting pelted with hail. Our chairs were full of water, by the time we made it in the door.

I didn't get very good pictures, but the wind was suddenly blowing so hard, I felt like we were in a hurricane. Since, we had missed the tornado warnings a few days before, the kids and I headed to the farthest room in, just to be safe! I ABSOLUTELY love thunderstorms, but that wind was a little too much!

After the winds died down, it felt a little safer, but the rain was pouring. We got 3 inches in 90 minutes. The storm lasted about 3 hours.

The thunder and lightning was a constant pulsing for about an hour.

The night before, this big yard was filled with water from where Caitlin is, to about 8 inches high in those garages. This was all that was left, by morning. It was crazy that that much water fell in 3 hours. The streets were all flooded and people had to be rescued near the creek, because it rose so fast.

This tree was a casualty.

I was amazed at how much water BLEW into the corridor.

2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

WOW! What a storm! We need that around here!!! I LOVE the angel cloud picture--that's cool!

Stef said...

wow that sounds like the kinda storm we'd get here! what a storm. glad your all ok!