Well, we took our first house hunting trip yesterday. We looked at about 5 homes. A few were really cute and move in ready, but tight on space. Plus, for the houses we like, in the neighborhoods we like, there pretty much has to be a flaw(power lines, busy road, etc., etc.) for them to be in our price range. The last one we looked at was a forclosure. As soon as we walked in, I thought wow, this has potential. Now, this surprised me a little, since the carpet throughout was stained beyond recognition, it was dirty, the walls all need to be repainted, most of the doors in the house have holes punched in them, and I still liked it. For those of you who know me well, know that I like things "just so". So, the idea of liking something so...not "just so", surprised even me. The floor plan, size, neighborhood, etc., etc. are perfect. Caitlin would be right around the corner from her highly ranked elementary school and there are trails, parks, and open spaces all around. The bare bones of it all are perfect. It just makes me a little sick to my stomach to think about all the work that needs to be done. Yuck!
So, after getting the kids and coming home to ponder, we decided to make an offer. I feel totally crazy, but it feels right. So, the Realtor is bringing the contract by for us to sign this morning and then I guess we wait. I have a feeling tonight is going to be even more sleepless with even more stomach churning than last night, but hopefully it will end easily in our favor. I do like that I don't feel like I'm so in love with it that I HAVE to have it. If the price gets too high, I feel totally comfortable just walking away. I just will probably have an upset stomach until some finalization is come to! Keep us in your prayers!






3 comments:
If it's meant to be, it'll happen. Never underestimate a women's intuition.
Papa
Looking for a house is an exciting but stressful time. My advice...take your time and don't rush into anything. The right house WILL come around you just have to be patient sometimes.
I am sending you all kinds of good luck!!!
You've described the process--finding the house that "feels" right despite all of the obvious flaws. Just as Dennis said,if it's meant to be, it'll happen! :-) We are so excited for you guys!!!!
Post a Comment