We FINALLY got our closing date. We'll be home owner's Wednesday by noon! Then, by sundown, the kids and I will be on a flight to Oregon. My dear mother is flying out here, just to fly back with us, so we can fly for free. Don't know what I'd do without you, mom. You're the best! It will be so good to see everyone. Thankfully every one's health is getting a little better. Then Ryan will come out a week later to help pack all of our junk up. So, unfortunately it will be a little while before I actually get to enjoy the house, but I do kind of like the idea of Ryan getting it all painted, before I get back. ;)
I love turning onto this road on the way home. It's fun to see a little snow on the mountains.

I'm absolutely in love with all the prairie dogs around here. I laugh at myself, every time I stop to look at them. I'm sure the locals must think I'm crazy. But I think they're fun to watch. They're all getting really fat for the winter. They're so cute!






6 comments:
Great news!!!! Congrats! This is so exciting! But....Ryan doing all the painting???????? Oh my goodness, you are a brave one (sorry, Ryan, but painting a house was not one skill I knowingly prepared you for). Advice (whether you want it or not): Plan for time and a half---it'll take more time than you think. Buy lots of blue tape for taping the door jams, windows, etc. and use a good primer if you're painting from a darker to a lighter color. Also, make sure you have plenty of paper towels around while you are working, tarps over the carpeting, and a step stool---your neck will get tired quickly. Being that you are an artist, I don't worry about quality---I KNOW you'll do a great job--I'm just hoping to minimize the frustration! And, buy good brushes--DO NOT waste your money on cheapy brushes and supplies---they will never pay off and you'll be disgusted with the outcome of your efforts. Then there is the paint--again, don't go with something cheap. I really liked the American Traditions brand (now Valspar) at Lowe's. A good quality latex paint is your friend. If you have large areas to paint, invest in a sprayer, but really your absolute best product to paint with is the Paint Stick!!! It's easy to use (can get at Home Depot or Lowes) and it minimizes your need for a pan on your large jobs. Yes, the paint stick would be the one piece of advice that I'd advise you to heed. You won't regret it.
Have fun in Oregon!
Love you guys!!! And, I can hardly wait for more pictures of your new abode!
Congrats Jill! Exciting news. Looks like you really are going to stay in Colorado for awhile huh! Have fun visiting "home"
And,mom,don't fret, Ryan has a professional painter friend who is going to help him. Hopefully I won't regret letting the two of them at my house. :)
Yay!!! I'm super excited for you! I bet you can't wait to get your things in it and put your special touch to it...then you will be HOME! Good luck with the move. I will be thinking about you and hoping all goes well :)
I'm so excited for you guys tomorrow!!! Yippee! Take lots of pictures!!! And, I'm even more thrilled that Ryan will have help from someone who knows the ropes!! Hooray for friends with talents and skills!!!
Travel safe!!!
We sure love you guys!!!!
I'm so exited for you! and I'd be right there watching the prarie dogs too! :)
Post a Comment