Well, yesterday we had a nice afternoon at the pumpkin patch(I will post pictures later.) Then, when we got back in the car, I had 3 depressing messages on my phone. As I've said before, my step-mom has been battling breast cancer for quite a while now. She has tumors all up and down her spine. She had been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks, because she just hasn't been eating. The first night back home, she fell over and broke her thigh bone, right where it connects into the hip. She had surgery to put a pin in her hip and rod down her leg. During the surgery they found that it broke because she had a tumor on her leg that had eaten through part of the bone to weaken it. Obviously that's not good.
Then the other calls were about my grandpa. He was rushed to the hospital because he was having a hard time breathing. Now he is in ICU with pneumonia.
I can't even explain how much my heart is aching to be closer to home and comforting the ones I love. I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest, when I heard this news. I feel so bad for my dad. The death of his mom earlier this year, struggling to take care of his terminal wife, trying to raise his 2 teenage sons, and now a sick dad too. I worry how much more he can take. It kills me to not be there to support him. I was finally getting over my homesickness, getting settled, and loving it here. Now I'm ready to pack up and get on a plane! I'm glad that we have a visit planned for the end of the month, or I might not be able to stand it.
I read this quote on a friends blog this morning and had to share it. It just made me feel better. Thanks Tanya!
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'






6 comments:
God has been good to us. He has
never left us during our trials.
He loves you more than I do, and
I love you sooooo much. I woke up
@ 1:30 this morning and just
started praying for Patti, your
dad, Grandpa, and you my dear
daughter...if you are feeling you
need to come home for your dad,
come, I can help with Catitlin and
Caleb. Caitlin's teacher can send
her school work with her. I'm hear
for you....Mom
I'm so sorry to hear that things are so tough and obviously stressful. Hang in there!
I echo the same sentiments of your mom. Thankfully God is good and will never leave us. I'll be praying for all of you. I am also reminded constantly of the saying: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". These trials are set before us to strengthen us, especially our faith.
I wish I was closer to give you all hugs and comfort you!
Love you TONS!!!!!!!!
Hugs and kisses to each and every one of you!!!
That quote is so true my friend! My prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there, we can't wait to see you either!
I'm so sorry for all your bad news. :( that's got to be hard. It's always hard not being close to loveed ones! But I LOVE the quote
i just got all updated on your blog sweetie...i am so sorry about the trials you have been going through....I'm glad that quote helped you as much as it helped me :) I sure do miss your sweet smiling face at school....I'll be keeping you in my prayers!!
Post a Comment