Monday, October 13, 2008

BRRRRRR!

Wow, this weekend was a shock to the system. The highs were in the high 30's all weekend. It was so cloudy and gloomy. That weather REALLY reminds me how thankful I am that it is usually sunny around here. But it has been cold. As I look at the amount of long clothes that I brought with us, it's clear that I fully expected to be in a house and have all of our stuff by now. The kids don't seem to have many warm things. I really can't remember if I packed all the warm stuff that fit and I just need to buy them winter clothes, or if I just packed a few things, thinking we wouldn't need them. So sad that 4 months ago, is so very hard to remember clearly! Oh well. We're suppose to get our closing date this week. It will be nice to have a set date so I can plan accordingly. I am SO starting to long for my stuff. I'm sure it will be like Christmas, unpacking. I'll just be happy to have my own bed. Air mattresses are NOT meant to be slept on for 4 months. We joke that it's going to swallow us during the night. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I had to go buy some king sheets for the stupid thing, because my queen set finally wouldn't fit anymore. Now the king set pops off every time we get on. Ahhhh! Only a few more weeks! It is kind of weird to think we'll be home owners by the end of the month. It will be nice to finally get settled in.
Our walk on Friday was cold and gloomy.
The sun made everything prettier, today. Caleb had fun playing "football."
All bundled up!
The butterflies were even back today. I figured they would be long gone with the cold.
I guess it was an exhausting walk!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I happy for you guys that you'll be in your house soon! I've been loving all of your pictures of Denver, what a beautiful area!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Hooray! Homeowners you almost are! We can relate to the air mattress. We were on one for about a week and then borrowed a bed from Danny's mom. I can also relate to the "stuff" part--at least I wasn't separated for 4 months.

Has it already been 4 months?! WoW!

Stay warm! We love you guys!!! :-)

Stef said...

wow it would be nice to see the cold weather here! We've cooled off but highs are still in the 80's. Although it has been feeling much better and I can tolerate being outside, so maybe it'll cool a bit more! :)