Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm Hooked!


Okay, I know I'm a little slow, since EVERYONE has been raving about these books for months now. What can I say, I haven't read a book, that wasn't a how-to, informational, or self-help book, in, well probably 8 years. I know I'm horrible! I just don't make the time.
My mother-in-law finally took pity on me, and just ordered me the whole set. (Thanks mom!) I started on the first book last night, after dinner. I had a hard time forcing myself to put it down at 3:30am, to go to bed. I woke up and finished it today. Yes, I've been a horrible unattentive mother today. I think they'll forgive me though. So, I finished that 500 page book, less than 20 hours after I opened it. That's impressive for me, since I've been working on the tiny, 200 page book, The Secret, for like 6 months now!
Caitlin is excited that I'm done with it, so she can start reading it. I don't dare open the next book, until the kids are safely in bed!
So, now I wish that I would have taken a little more interest, when part of the movie, that comes out in December, was filmed accross the street by work. Oh well!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Ha ha!! Welcome to the craziness!! I am needing to reread them all before Saturday morning -- then not leave the house until Breaking Dawn is finished because I HATE having the ending spoiled for me! You'll have to come visit when the film New Moon. ;)

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I KNEW you'd love it!!! Welcome to our obsessive group. I'll get Eclipse in the mail to you ASAP--I don't want you to have to go through withdrawal. This is almost unfair---you'll have all four books available to you, unlike the rest of us who have waited for months for Breaking Dawn. :-)

(and you're welcome-tee hee)

Love you!!!!!

And,yes, your kids will live through the Twilight book reading marathon that you'll put them through. :-) I think it's cute that Caitlin wants to read them!

Michelle said...

Welcome to the club! You have excellent timing in starting them - since the final book comes out this weekend you won't have to wait long to find out what happens! And your kids will survive, a couple days of cold cereal and movies never hurt anyone!

Stef said...

I love it. I started this little obssession and I was tempted to do the same as my mom! She did good and I KNEW you'd like them. Now you see why we all thought it was so cool that they were filming right across the street from your work!
and if Ethan survived my reading obsession your two can too! :)

Jodi said...

I know what you mean about not reading any books for pleasure in about 8 years! I hardly ever read 'for fun' when I was teaching. Not even in the summer. But now I love it. So fun!
Those books are addicting, aren't they? I just reread all three of them last week in about 4 days. My poor kiddos ;0 Can't wait to read Breaking Dawn this weekend. Woo Hoo :)