Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Little Exploring

We took the hour drive down to Colorado Springs and visited the Garden of The Gods. It was gorgeous!





My delightful son! He was very upset to be walking in the sand, because it was getting on his feet! :)

He eventually came around and had a blast climbing around on the rocks.


My Boys

I was absolutely in love with these tiny little chipmunks that were running around everywhere.


Our future archiologist spent most of her time looking and digging at the rocks.













You'll notice Caleb is holding his hand funny in most of the pictures. Yes, I clipped his nails. This is our weekly battle. He screams and cries EVERY time and then holds his hands like he's been mortally wounded, for about 24 hours. Oh the traumas of being 4!



What a view!
Jump!

The kid's did pretty good hiking. We probably walked over 3 miles. We were all tired.

6 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Beautiful!!! We'll have to check that out when we come to visit. ;-)

tanyawebster said...

I cant believe you are gone :( you left at exactly the same time as my friend tawnie :( It sure looks beautiful where you are and seems like you are getting more settled...I'm glad for that. I am however, rooting for the turning around and coming back to Oregon *wink* love to you all!

Houben Family said...

Your first family road trip. You are going to have a lot of fun finding new places to explore. It looks like you may need to bring socks and shoes for little man next time though! :0)

Jodi said...

Wow!! It is BEAUTIFUL there! Those rocks and canyons are breathtaking! Sounds like you are settling in to your new surroundings :)

PS...The way you described your sons trauma with the nail clipping was hysterical! Ben used to be the same way and still doesn't like to have it done. Too funny ;)

Stef said...

how cool. great pictures, adorable kids. you know :)

Lynnsey said...

I'm glad to see you guys are getting out and about! Nothing more exciting than exploring a new city. Hope the transition is getting easier!