Thursday, March 20, 2008

Time Flies!

Wow, where have the last 3 weeks gone?!? The last two weekends have been so busy. When I lose my weekends, the week seems to go in fast forward!




Two weeks ago, we spent the weekend taking care of grandpa again. Thankfully this visit was not as eventful as last, no diabetic lows! Just laundry, cleaning, and visiting.


Caleb absolutely adores his great grandpa. He always has to play cars with him and follows him around like a little puppy dog. It's so cute. I think it might make grandpa a little dizzy, having Caleb running circles around him, but he claims to enjoy it!



Caleb is as infatuated with their big tub, as I was as a kid! He always insists on taking at least 3 baths, during our visits.














Last weekend, I was able to sneak away to the beach for the whole weekend, for our annual teachers retreat.
We enjoyed ourselves, but sat around eating WAY too much. You take 6 women who pack too much food, away for a weekend together, and you end up with enough food to feed an army for a week!
We only had to officially work on school stuff for about half the time, so it was a fairly relaxing weekend, for me at least. My sweet husband had the kids for the weekend, three whole days and 2 nights. He did a fabulous job. The way he spoiled the kids, they're probably wishing I was gone way more often. They got happy meals, bowling at their usual bed time, bed time about 3 hours later than usual, monopoly marathons, and lots of yummy meals. I wish we had that much fun, when I was home! I guess someone has to be the bad guy! We all had a nice weekend though.

2 comments:

Stef said...

i have been such a blog slacker! I have alot to catch up on. At least you didn't have to worry about fighting to get him to take a bath (knowing him you don't have to anyway. ) how cute though! I'll bet it would have been way more fun with a bunch of bubbles too! :)

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I love the tub too---I'm glad it was a good visit with your Grandpa!

And, I'm thrilled that you had a fun weekend with the girls. Although you still worked, I'm glad you had some fun too!

And, I too, am a blog slacker. I've been in orientation all week and I've been too exhausted to get on the computer. I'll try to update this weekend--but no promises!