Well, we've had an interesting couple of days. Sunday morning I was awoken to Caitlin's "mom, I think the toilet is overflowing." I hopped out of bed and into the kitchen and I plopped into ankle deep water. Still in a sleepy fog, I turned the water off and rushed to move submerged furniture. Luckily Dennis has a shop vac and I got right to sucking up water. I VACUUMED up over 30 gallons of surface water and spent the rest of the day trying to sop it up out of the carpet. I guess Ryan flushed right before he left for work and it got stuck running. What a mess!
So, I thought that I got most of it. We set up fans all around the room and I was hoping it would dry. It just wasn't getting there though, so Monday morning we opened up the edge of the carpet to see if we could just get some air under and the padding was drenched. So we cut the carpet and opened it up to get the padding out. What fun!
Caleb has been quite distraught with his surroundings in such shambles!

Are we having a fun New Year's Eve yet?!?!We spent the rest of the day moving furniture out to the garage so we could actually from room to room. Poor Ryan had to leave to go to work and still hasn't really gotten a break.

Caitlin was the only one that seemed to find some fun in this mess!
After 72 hours of constant running fans and the carpet lifted. I let it down today. I had to vacuum it. It was driving me crazy! :) Caleb was so excited to have all this space again. He got a little taste of normalcy again. He's my routine boy! Now hopefully we can get someone in to lay the padding and get the carpet all down again, SOON! I'm ready to get my house put together again!

This experience definately made me feel more empathetic to all the flood victms in the state last month. I can't imagine having the whole house flooded with muddy water. At least my water was clean bowl water. It definately could have been WAY worse!
We enjoyed escaping the constant sound of humming fans, to meet up with Caleb's best buddy for a little belated birthday fun. We enjoyed some pizza and the kids had lots of fun. We moms really enjoyed chatting and watching the kids through a window!

They had a blast playing with everything.

Not sure what Caitlin's doing...being her goofy self, I suppose!


2 comments:
Oh my goodness! What a mess! I'm just so glad that it was clean water. I'm like Caleb, that mess would have upset my world too. Hopefully, the carpet folks will be able to get it all back to normal for you soon! A tough way to have your carpet cleaned!
wow...you poor thing!!! that would be a nightmare, but like you said lucky it was clean water! was anything (furniture, ect...) destroyed. if you need anything let me know.
Post a Comment