Thursday, June 18, 2009

Catch Up

Okay, I had to catch up on a few things that I missed, before we head out of town. Yes, the kids and I are taking off for 2 weeks. The day after tomorrow we are going to meet up with my dad and his family in beautiful Hawaii. We are all very excited. I'm a little nervous about the 10 hour trip, alone with the kids, but praying everything will go good. So, needless to say the past week has been very busy. It's been Caitlin's last week of 3rd grade, hair appointment, we've almost all fit in Dr. and Dental appointments(since our insurance will be up soon), got the cat neutered, and had the roof inspected, plus pack for a two week vacation. It's been a little crazy.


Well, we didn't get too much of a break from the weather...one day without crazy weather, out of the past 11. I'm SICK of it. It did make for some cool cloud pictures though.




Unfortunately we didn't make it out of the tornado storm as well as I thought. I figured since I couldn't see any damage on the roof, from the ground, that we were all good.(A lot of people had shingles missing.) After we had it looked at today, it does need to be replaced. I was bummed, since it was in excellent shape and only 8 years old. And we'll most likely get money to repaint. So, I guess it's better to have the insurance company pay for it, but I'm still not looking forward to that deductible.
A few weeks ago Caitlin did a presentation at school on Moscow. She did a great job.



My goofballs in their "boat."

A few weeks ago Nana and Papa also made a quick visit. Of course we all enjoyed their visit thoroughly.
Hanging out with Papa.
Playing on the trampoline with Nana.






Fun times.

So, my next post will include a bit of paradise. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

The cloud pictures are really cool! I love the first one with the pink and orange from the sun! Sorry to hear about the roof, and glad to hear you've been able to get a lot done before your trip. Have fun in Hawaii! Be safe and spend some time on the beach for me!! The 10 hr travel time will be long but worth it! We love you guys and look forward to the pictures you take on your trip. Hope Ryan gets to have some fun too!!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Caitlin~
Awesome job on the presentation on Moscow! I'm impressed!!! And, 4th grade?! When did that happen!! Have fun in Hawaii Peanut! Love you!!!

Michelle said...

Boy you guys sure get some wild weather down there! Hope your trip to Hawaii is nothing but sunshine!