Saturday, November 15, 2008

Getting Closer

We spent our first night at the house on Friday. It was nice to just be able to stay and not head back to the apartment at 11 at night. We are STILL living in the apartment. There seems to be a fine line between having enough stuff to live in both places. We'll be packing it all over to the house in the next 3 days though. I'm not looking forward to that transition. I'd like to keep Caitlin at her school she's in not until Thanksgiving. The house is about 25-30 minutes away from the apartment. So, that will be even more driving than we've already been doing, going back and forth to work on the house. Oh well.
We've made a lot of progress on the house. It's actually starting to feel like a home. I have to say I am VERY sick of painting though. We have a little more trim to touch up, but other than that, the kitchen, eating area, living room, sitting area, and one bedroom are all painted! Yahoo! Now I'm taking a break until we paint the hall, bathrooms, and 2 more bedrooms. I'm done will painting for a little while. My poor hands are all cracked and scraped with broken nails from all the cleaning, painting, and moving boxes.
Here's some of our progress.


The Kitchen
Before

After

I'll have to put a better picture up(in the daylight).


Eating Area

Before


After



Before


After


Stairs

Before


After

Living Room
Before

After





Sitting Area/Office
Before

After



Not put together, but at least painted!

Obviously we still have many works in progress, but at least we have a few rooms that are all put together. We still have a lot of cleaning, replacing, and touchup to do, not to mention unpacking. At least we're getting closer. Maybe someday I'll be able to start decorating!

2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

LOoks GREAT!!! You guys have definitely been busy. I can't believe how cute you already have it! I love the colors too! I understand about the painting, but I know you'll get it done! I can hardly wait to see it all in the flesh!

We love you guys!

Stef said...

it looks so good. You guys seems to have a real nice set up there! I'm jealous of the snow! I always loved the snow. and as for caleb and his cars, too precious!