Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mud Puddles

After a lot of begging, I told the kids they could play in the puddles, as long as they didn't get drenched from head to toe. They walked around a little, then I went to play fetch with the dog for a few minutes. THIS is what I came back to!!! By the way, Caleb was fully clothed, when I left them.




Who's wild child is that!?!
Caitlin wasn't much better. After I saw that, I made the mistake of saying "Go for it, I don't care." That was all Caitlin needed, before she plopped down and was pretending to swim in it!!! Brrrrr! Actually it wasn't too bad, 55 degrees today. It by no means seemed warm enough to me though. Crazy kids!!!

5 comments:

Paige said...

I grew up in Okinawa and we used to get really bad typhoons. We had a massive ditch that ran behind our house, through the grass. We would go out there in our clothes in the pouring rain and have a BLAST. He will remember this and think you are the coolest mom EVER. Even if the neighbors think you are crazy.

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Whoo, hoo! Buns of steel!! Cute buns! Looks like they had a great time. I can't believe how high the water is around the pool. Don't float away!

Stef said...

HOW FUNNY! I love it. what a nut! I bet you were cracking up! man i see why they wanted to play in thoes puddles they are more like little lakes! glad they had fun, btw i just read lindseys blog and just wanted to say it again how much i miss you guys, and love you guys and wish we lived closer so I could see you guys all the time. I still say you guys should head out this way, there is 4 acres with your names on it if you want it! :) I love you and love having you as part of the family, I agree I wish we were sisters growing up, maybe i would have picked up on your neatness and cute decotrating style! :)

Jodi said...

Those are the funniest pictures I have seen in a LONG time! Good for you for picking up the camera instead of insisting they come in and get dressed :)

Lindsey said...

Classic!! That shot of Caleb behind the post is to die for!! don't you wish we could all live as carefree as kids? Seriously, that picture cracks me up!! I love it!