Tuesday, February 5, 2008

An Interesting Week

Well, it's been an interesting week already and it's only Tuesday! It's gotta be Friday by now! Monday morning I got up for work at the usual 5:45, checked online to see if school was on time(since we've been closed for so many silly days recently), it just said there were a few buses on snow routes. So, I went ahead and got ready for work, got the kids ready and in the car. Then thought that I better check online, one more time, just in case. Wouldn't ya know it, classes for me were canceled. I was so annoyed! It was a little frosty out, but come on! I'm getting so frustrated! So, I protested and went to school anyway, hoping some of my students wouldn't have seen the update and shown up too. But oh no, I guess all my kid's moms are a little more on the ball than I am. Oh well, I got a lot of work done anyway.

Then last night I got a call from one of the other teachers needing a sub for today. Ryan had to work. So, Caleb was stuck with me for the day. It was a LONG day for him(teacher Debbie actually works a full day). So, we were both exhausted, by the time school was out. I have decided I've become quite spoiled with my 3 half days of work. It's pretty pathetic that I can't even work a 6 hour day, without being completely exhausted!

And Ryan has a meeting in the morning. So, poor Caleb has to go back, in the morning with me, to join my class. I'm not use to getting us ALL out of the house by 7:30, every day. I'm ready for FRIDAY!

2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

You're so cute!! But, you are one of the most organized women I know, so I am sure you have your "system" to get everyone going. :-) Hey, working with kids is exhausting--a 6 hour day is like 24 when you have preschoolers. :-) Hope the rest of the week goes better for you!

Love you!!!

Stef said...

my mom is right, i know from working at the daycare i'd leave that place after 8 hours feeling like i'd run a marathon and it was only 2 in the afternoon!