Thursday, September 24, 2009

Randomness from the past month.

This past week, we've had crazy weather. As I posted earlier, we had snow on the last day of summer. It has been COLD and dreary, with highs near 40, all week. Yesterday we were for casted to have 6-12" of snow. YUCK! I was glad the storm didn't move like it was suppose to, so it missed us. I think this week has been just what I needed to FORCE me into the realization that fall is here. I can enjoy fall, but I'm really not looking forward to winter. It can wait a few more months! I sure am glad to see the sun today. I was going a little crazy without it!
Last week we were also reminded that you just never know who lives in your neighborhood. Caitlin's school was locked down at dismissal time, because the nearby home of a suspected terrorist was being raided. Seriously?!? He has now been arrested and charged with conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction and had purchased the explosive making material. I just never would have imagined in a million years. Then a few days later, 3 men with loaded guns strapped to them, were stopped by the FBI, in the same area. I'm just not ready to live in a world like this yet. I like to hide in my little bubble and think that the rest of the world is kind and good. If only that were the case. So, when Ryan said he was having an alarm company come out to give us a quote, I didn't push the "it's not the right time" phrase too hard. We are now fully equipped with a home security system, basically for free. We just have to pay the monthly fee for the service. I know that I will really enjoy this, when Ryan gets back to work, most likely at night. Speaking of which, he has had 3 interviews this week. The one he had yesterday shows real promise. He really wants the position, but he won't find out anything for at least a week.


Last month the fires in neighboring states and California left us under a smokey haze for a few days, but left us with beautiful sunsets.

The boys hanging out in the hammock.

This is what Caitlin looks like, when she jumps in the trampoline.

This was her biggest sunflower that she grew. It was so pretty.


2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I've been watching bits of the activity on the news. I'm with you, I like to think the world is kind and good---and I believe it still. Unfortunately it's these few individuals that offset the balance--scary activities there in your land of suburbia. I'm glad you have the alarm system now.

I really hope Ryan gets the job he really wants. We'll be praying for him.

Love the pictures of the kids and LOVE the sunflower. Stef used to grow them too!

Love you all! Keep safe!

Nana and Papa said...

I love the picture of Caitlin and the sunflower...the sunset picture is beautiful, as well, however, the fires cause so much destruction...