Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MORE projects

Okay, it's official, I'm DONE with projects for a while. Today, Ryan's parents, his sister Stefanie, her husband Danny and their two kids Emily and Ethan are coming from Georgia to stay for a week. We are SO excited to see them and get to enjoy some time with them. This also gave me the incentive I've been needing to finish up some projects and get others done. Therefore it has been a very busy month. I plan on relaxing the rest of the summer. ;)
I did control myself a little and knew that painting the 2 bathrooms(the last unpainted rooms in the house) would be a little too much. So I decided to just paint the trim. For some reason they felt that the entire room should be one color, trim, door, ceiling vent. PEOPLE!!!
Caitlin's bathroom BEFORE
AFTER

We also got our guest "bedroom" in order. Yes, be warned, if you come to visit, our guest bedroom is in the basement. :)

BEFORE

AFTER

I also FINALLY hung some things on the wall in the living room. It's only taken me 6 months! I still am looking for something to go on either side of the mirror, but it works for now.



This project was NOT on the list, but Ryan dug into it last week. He's going to be making an outside enclosure for the turtles for the summer.

This was the best BEFORE picture I had.
working




AFTER

Caleb's room
BEFORE remodel

BEFORE paint

AFTER



Caleb's old closet has now been converted to the toy "room."


I decided to get creative with my vents. For one, they were brown, which matched nothing, for two, many were rusty and just gross. At $10 a pop, replacing them, was not going to happen.
Then came spray paint. TA DA!


Hall Bathroom
BEFORE
Yes, the ENTIRE room was blue.

AFTER



The whole house is clean and tidy and I'm SO ready to relax and play with family. Goodbye projects, chores, and cleaning, I will not see any of you for a whole week!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

YOU have been one busy lady!! WOW! Everything looks great...I especially like the guest bedroom in the basement. That it quite a transformation!

Nana and Papa said...

I can't believe all that you did since my last visit. I can't wait to see it in person! You are awesome, my dear daughter!!!!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Wow! I'm impressed. You got A LOT done before we got there. Your house looks wonderful!! Thanks for putting up with us for a week and letting us trash it! Definitely go put your feet up!