Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fun Visitors


Okay, I know I've been slacking on my blog. Sorry mom! :)
We were blessed to have Mom and Dennis come visit this past week. They got to stay for a whole week this time. We sure enjoyed sitting around and being lazy with them. They started looking around at different areas here. We can't wait for them to find something and move closer soon!


I'm ashamed to say, but mom got me out on the bike path for the first time since we've moved in. It seems I'm just too busy to make exercise a priority. I need to get better. Who could ask for a better view on a walking path that runs by our back yard!


Me and my momma. I sure miss her!
(Don't mind this picture of my big fat face, it was the best one. :)





This is pretty much what Caleb looks like 24/7. That poor kitten is constantly being held, moved, or forced to do things.
This is always a common sight, when Nana is around.
Caleb, teaching Papa the ropes, on his new Lego Indiana Jones PS2 game.

Papa and Caitlin tried their hand at digging for gold in the backyard. I bet you can imagine how that one turned out. ;)
We finally got a little snow, if you want to call it that. It was only a couple inches. It was enough for the kids to drag out all of their new snow toys.
I have to say, I'm a little jealous that Portland had 18" of snow for Christmas and we haven't had more than a couple inches for over a month. How ironic is that! I'm sure I'll be complaining as soon as we get it, but my yard looks much better covered in snow. I sure can't complain about the many 70 degree days we've had this past month though.Caitlin tried out her new igloo makers. We need a little more snow to actually do it. I think we'll also have to wet the snow. It's just too dry here!
So, I set up my new fake tree to make sure it worked, before packing it away for next year. Yes, I'm a horrible mother and dragged my kids to the store the morning after Christmas. Yes, I probably gave my son horrible birthday memories, but we did eat cinnamon rolls before we left, does that help? It was bad enough to be forced to buy a fake tree, I couldn't stomach paying $300 for it! I think I might be able to get use to the fake tree thing though, as much as I hate to admit it. I have had a real tree at Christmas all my life, but I've grown to hate the whole mess and light thing. The idea of just folding it up and putting it back in the box, with no mess, suits me well! I will miss the wonderful smell and tromping through the tree "fields" with the kids, but those days were over anyway. New traditions! I do feel a bit traitorous though.
Unfortunately the new tree suits our trouble making Marley too. He didn't touch the real tree, but something about this one was really fun. What a nut!


Sleeping buddies
The sunrise out our patio door was just beautiful the other morning.

The sunset was too!

2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I just tried to leave a long comment and blogger errored-out. Grrr!

Anyway, I am so happy that you have posted, I was going through withdrawal! I love all the pictures but I really think the ones with the kids and the kitty are adorable. I also love the picture of you and your mom. I AM SO JEALOUS!!! This working thing is sure interfering with the things I truly want to do---like visit you guys!!!

I so miss you guys, but we will get out there!

Where did you ever get the idea that your face is fat???? Silly girl, you have a perfectly normal beautiful face that we love!!!

Hope you guys are doing well. It's odd to think that Denver isn't under snow, but I'm sure you'll get your share eventually!

Love you guys!
Mom

Linda and Dave Browne said...

oh, and the fake tree is a pretty one--it doesn't look fake at all! Nice job (and no, you're not a bad mom for dragging your kids--it was an adventure---finding your new tree! ;->)