I have had overwhelming thankfulness, this afternoon, for my dear children.
Today, I let Cailtin ride the school bus home.(I only let her do this every once in a while, since it takes her 40 minutes to get home and we can see the school from our house.) She thinks it is quite fun though. Anyway, I went for a walk on the side street next to us. As I was walking back towards home to meet the bus, I kept hearing police sirens and then a solid flow of traffic down this little rural road I was walking on. I knew there must have been an accident that closed the highway. Of course the thought crossed my mind that I hoped Caitlin was okay. I picked up the pace a little as I trudged through the grass on the shoulder, since my quiet walk had turned into highway traffic. The bus was able to get to me, and Caitlin was safe and sound. When we got home, I looked online to see what was going on, on the highway. My heart just dropped, when I read there was an accident involving a fatality and a full school bus from Caitlin's school. Thankfully there weren't any serious injuries on the bus.
Still a little too close to home though.
As the helicopters hover around our house, I'm so thankful for my family. It's easy to forget how quickly things could change. I'm so very glad it wasn't me getting that phone call that my daughter's school bus had been in a head on collision. And I'm so glad that there weren't any major injuries on the bus.
Today, I let Cailtin ride the school bus home.(I only let her do this every once in a while, since it takes her 40 minutes to get home and we can see the school from our house.) She thinks it is quite fun though. Anyway, I went for a walk on the side street next to us. As I was walking back towards home to meet the bus, I kept hearing police sirens and then a solid flow of traffic down this little rural road I was walking on. I knew there must have been an accident that closed the highway. Of course the thought crossed my mind that I hoped Caitlin was okay. I picked up the pace a little as I trudged through the grass on the shoulder, since my quiet walk had turned into highway traffic. The bus was able to get to me, and Caitlin was safe and sound. When we got home, I looked online to see what was going on, on the highway. My heart just dropped, when I read there was an accident involving a fatality and a full school bus from Caitlin's school. Thankfully there weren't any serious injuries on the bus.
Still a little too close to home though.
As the helicopters hover around our house, I'm so thankful for my family. It's easy to forget how quickly things could change. I'm so very glad it wasn't me getting that phone call that my daughter's school bus had been in a head on collision. And I'm so glad that there weren't any major injuries on the bus.






4 comments:
How frightening! I'm SO glad all are safe and sound. Yes, I agree, it is so easy to get complacent and take things for granted--life truly can change in an instant. We are so blessed! We love you guys and not an hour in a day goes by when we don't think about you and count our blessings. We may be losuy at communicating, but our thoughts and prayers are ALWAYS with you guys.
Hugs to each of you!!!!
Oh my goodness! I would have been sick, too! Very scary. I have always thought of myself as the 'drive my kids to school' kindof mom. Big bus with little kids and very little supervision = trouble!
Glad everything turned out ok.
wow. That definatly is scary! I'm terrified of something happening with ethan, probably why I'll always drive him. I just have a hard time trusting others with him. These dang rugrats amaze you at how rotten they can be and yet you know how horrible it would be to have them hurt. I'm so glad she wasn't on that other bus and thank goodness there wasn't any serious injuries on the other bus!
Ohh my goodness! I am glad everything is ok! I can't imagine that sick feeling....It is insane how quickly it can all change!
Post a Comment