Well, we're finally moving! We just have a little change to our destination. Ryan's work is opening a new restaurant in Denver, Colorado and a little over a month ago, they asked him if he would consider relocating to open the restaurant for them. He of course said "I doubt my wife would go for it, but I'll run it by her." Of course, when he told me, I instantly said "I don't think so." I told him that I'd do a little research to give it a chance. That night I did a lot of reading and I suddenly got an overwhelming feeling that that's where we needed to be. I told Ryan that I thought we should do it. He of course gave me a bewildered look. For those of you who know me, you know that I'm NOT an impulsive person. I like to have every aspect of every little detail planned out. So, this whole thing is WAY out of my comfort zone. I do feel like it's the right decision though. We have been wanting to move to a different climate for years now and all our moving expenses will be paid for. So, it looks like we will probably be heading out there sometime in July. We don't have a specific date yet. We are wanting to buy a house in one of the suburbs south/southeast of Denver.
It's kind of been a whirlwind of emotions this past month. So, I really have tried not to think about the emotional side of moving away from most of my family. I know it's going to be VERY hard. I really just can't think about it. I wish they could just all come with us!:)






6 comments:
Having moved a TON in my life, I know how scary it can be. But enjoy the adventure! And boy will you get a change of climate! From rain to snow!! Eeek! Can't wait to read about all of your experiences. Oh, and could you please move back here in two years so you can be Jaren's preschool teacher? Thank you. ;)
Well keep us updated. My dad keeps saying that now if we move we have to go to colorado...THANKS... :P we love ya guys hope all goes well and let me know if you need anything!
I'm excited for you guys. Yes, it'll be hard to be away from family, but thankfully Frontier flies there. :-) I'm just so glad to have you only 25 hours away (driving). Love you!!!!!!!!!!
Your friend Paige is right on--enjoy the adventure! :-)
What an exciting adventure! I have never been to Denver but traveled south of there...it's beautiful country. I hope the transition goes smoothly for you and your sweet family.
Glad we will get to keep in touch through the blogs.
Glad you guys are moving a little closer to us. Did you Opie and Jill are in CO? Hopefully we will be seeing you more!
Woah! Big change! However, change is hard, but always worth it! Good luck with the move. Luckily your kids are young enough that they'll make friends so quick! That's great that the Ryan is going to open the restaurant:) I'm excited for you guys!!
Post a Comment